Setting Up Outlook on an Apple iPhone or iPad
NOTE: Xavier IT supports Microsoft Outlook on iOS and Android mobile devices because it is easier to setup and use than the default email clients on those platforms.
Email setup instructions for Outlook on an Apple iPhone or iPad device.
- Download Microsoft Outlook from the Apple App Store.
- Tap on Outlook to run it. You will be greeted by a series of welcome screens. Swipe left to dismiss these until you arrive at the Add Account screen.
- At the Add Account screen, tap on Exchange.
- Add your Xavier email account as follows:
Click on Take A Quick Tour. Swipe to the left or click the X in the upper right corner to dismiss the introductions.
- Email: your full Xavier email address.
- Password: your Xavier account password.
- Description: a name for the account (ie, "Work," "Xavier" etc)
- Click OK to complete the setup.
By default, Outlook app detects which emails are "more important" to you and moves less important ones to a separate view. You can turn this off by accessing Settings and deselecting Focused Inbox.