Xavier Office365 Setup on an Android Device
This article explains how to set up an Office 365 email account on Android-based devices. These instructions may vary, based on the version of Android and the device's manufacturer.
1. From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android. If you already have an email account configured on the device, open the Email application and press Menu, select Settings >> Add Account. On some Android devices, you may have to open Settings, select Accounts and sync >> Add Account.
2. When prompted for an account type, select Corporate or Exchange. Next, type your full email address, for example: firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and then select Next.
3. Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
4. Enter the following account information and select Next.
- Domain\Username: Enter: xavier.edu\email@example.com
- Password: Use the password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server: Use the address of your Exchange server: outlook.office365.com
- Check: Use secure Connection (SSL)
- Check: Accept all SSL certificates
- Email checking frequency: The default value is Automatic (push). When you select this option, email messages will be sent to your phone as they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to synchronize: This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several durations, including one day, three days or one week.
- Notify me when email arrives: When selected, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new email message.
- Sync contacts from this account: When selected, your contacts will be synchronized between your phone and your account.