Setting up Outlook on an Android Device
NOTE: Xavier IT supports Microsoft Outlook on iOS and Android mobile devices because it is easier to setup and use than the default email clients on those platforms.
This article explains how to set up Outlook with a Xavier email account on Android-based devices.
- Download Microsoft Outlook from the Google Play Store.
- Tap on Outlook to run it.You will be greeted by a series of welcome screens. Swipe left to dismiss these until you arrive at the Add An Account screen.
- At the Add An Account screen, tap on Exchange.
- Add your Xavier email account as follows:
- Email: your full Xavier email address.
- Password: your Xavier account password.
- Description: a name for the account (ie, "Work," "Xavier" etc)
- Click Sign In to complete the setup.
default, the Outlook app detects which emails are "more important" to you
and splits the Inbox into two tabs - one for Focused email and one for everything else deemed "less important". You can turn this feature off
by accessing Settings and deselecting Focused Inbox.