Exchange (Fac/Staff) Mail Setup for iPads
Settings on an iPad to sync Exchange mail for faculty and staff
- Go to a web page to verify that the connection is active. If it is not, turn wireless off, then back on.
- Go to home page > Settings > Wi-Fi > turn off (on right of screen) then back on; check for the “radar” symbol in the top left next to the word “iPad”. No radar means no signal.
- For Domain: type Xavier.
- For Password: type your user (domain) password.
- For Description: type something descriptive like Xavier email. The wording is your choice. If you leave it alone, it will simply put in "Exchange"
- Click Next (look for this in the top right of the dialog window).
- Go back up to the Server textbox and type mail.xavier.edu.
- The server setting does not appear until the next button is clicked.
- Change the email back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Next.
It should connect to email momentarily.
It will take some time initially to pull in the email and will only pull in the last thirty days by default